Product Name: Potassium Hydroxide
Synonyms: Caustic potash
Molecular Formula: KOH
Molecular Weight: 56.10
CAS No.: 1310-58-3
Potassium hydroxide, a common inorganic base, is a white powder or flake solid at room
temperature. It is very easy to absorb moisture in the air and deliquesce, and absorb
carbon dioxide to form potassium carbonate. When dissolved in water, alcohol or treated
with acid, a large amount of heat is generated.
1. Used for electroplating, engraving, lithography, etc.
2. Used as raw materials for potassium salt production, such as potassium permanganate, potassium carbonate, etc.
3. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used to produce potassium borohydride, spironolactone, saganol, testosterone propionate, progesterone, vanillin, etc.
4. In light industry, it is used to produce potassium soap, alkaline battery and cosmetics (such as cold cream, snow cream and shampoo).
5. In the dye industry, it is used to produce vat dyes, such as vat blue RSN, etc.
6. It is used as an absorbent for analytical reagent, saponification reagent, carbon dioxide and water.
7. In the textile industry, it is used for printing and dyeing, bleaching and mercerization, and is widely used as the main raw material for the manufacture of man-made fiber and polyester fiber. It is also used for the manufacture of melamine dyes.
8. It is also used in metallurgical heating agent and leather degreasing.