Product Name: Transglutaminase
CAS No.: 80146-85-6
Transglutaminase (TG) is an enzyme that occurs naturally in plants, animals, and our bodies. The TG enzyme helps our bodies perform certain tasks such as building muscle, destroying toxins and breaking down food particles during digestion.
1. Making meats, poultry, and seafood uniform in size for even and safe cooking;
2. Diminishing waste by creating value-added products while improving the appearance and texture of food;
3. Binding meats, poultry and seafood together (such as sausages without casings and imitation crab);
4. Forming novel food combinations (e.g. beef and bacon);
5. Producing special effects with food (e.g. shrimp-meat spaghetti, meat noodles, meat and vegetable pastas, and more).